Vision: Skillfully train, develop, qualify, & support more coaches to be skillful teachers of the game.
DUFC is committed to LTPD and to delivering coaching education that enhances the development of coaches and most importantly, players.
All head coaches must complete the required coaching level course for the age group they are coaching as well as the Making Ethical Decisions (MED) multi-sport module including the online evaluation to complete their program.
COACHING CODE OF ETHICS:
- Integrity – The coach must act with integrity in performing all duties owed to athletes, the sport, other members of the coaching profession, and the public.
- Competence – The coach must strive to be well prepared and current so that all duties in the respective discipline are fulfilled with competence.
- Athletes Interest – The coach must act in the best interest of the athlete’s development as a whole person.
- Personal Conduct – The coach must maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and support the principles of fair play.
- Respect for the Rules – The coach must accept both the letter and the spirit of the rules that define and govern the sport. Therefore the coach is responsible for reading and having knowledge of these same rules.
- Respect for Officials – The coach must accept the role of the officials in providing judgment to ensure that competitions are conducted fairly and according to the established rules.
Required reading for ALL DUFC coaches:
Thank you for volunteering and dedicating your time to a youth soccer team. The information below has been prepared to get you set-up and on your way to a successful season:
- CMSA new officls welcome package
- CMSA Goalline-how-to: learn how to print game sheets, score games and edit jersey numbers
- CMSA Rules and Regulations
- CMSA Discipline Code
- Outdoor Rules:
- Indoor Rules:
- Video: Changing the Game in youth sports
- Video: Respecting the Ref
- Respect in Sport
- Concussion resources
CMSA & DUFC is committed to maintaining the health and safety of individuals within the community that we serve and is dedicated to providing the safest possible playing environment for all participants. CMSA and DUFC recognizes the risks and concerns of concussions within sport, including soccer-related activities, and is taking action to prevent and manage head injuries by implementing a mandatory concussion protocol for all youth teams.
- CMSA Concussion Policy
- Making Head Way – Free Video Resource
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- PRINT THIS AND KEEP IT WITH YOUR KIT – Pocket concussion recognition tool
- Security Clearance information
- Bullying Policy
- Practice Gyms Policy
- Equipment Policy
Important Coaching Links
DUFC Field Permits for Indoor 2019/20
- colonel macleod wednesdays Jan 2020
- gordan higgins jan 2020
- King george Jan 2020
- langevin Jan 2020
- st jos jan 2020
- Stanley Jones Jan 2020
- vanier Jan 2020
DUFC Field Permits for Outdoor 2019
- View Permits (PDF)
- Grassroots Soccer information page
- Become a coach information page
- U4-to U9 Coaching page
- U11 and up Coaching page
- Coaching a Keeper
- Keeper glove care
- ASA Grassroots coaching session guide
- ASA Grassroots game formats guide
- Sports nutrition for youth
- BOOK: Changing the Game
- ASA Retreat line
- CMSA player and team official’s ID cards
- CMSA number lookup
- CMSA 2019/2020 Indoor Program calendar
- CMSA 2019/2020 Indoor League Structure
- CMSA 2020 outdoor Program calendar
- CMSA 2020 outdoor league structure
- CMSA Referee Evaluation Form
- CMSA Field Marshall Program
- CMSA Field Safety Checklist
- CMSA Injury Report Form
- CMSA Return to play form
MISC Coaching Links:
Adding content to DUFC Website:
- If you are interested in adding coaching/manager/parent blog content to the DUFC website please email email@example.com to get access.
- Team tournament wins:
- When sending in team photos from tournaments, please make sure they are the highest quality possible.
- Please also feel free to send along any game notes / play by play messages you would like added to the news article.
- Please feel free to send along any action photos that can be added to the news article.
- Email photos and content to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE DO NOT submit the photo of team wins to CMSA yourself!!!! That task has been assigned to our clubs webmaster and needs to be done in a specific way for quality control reasons.