source: http://changingthegameproject.com/looking-answers-comprehensive-booklet-popular-articles-parents-coaches-athletes-youth-sports-organizations/ Here at Changing the Game Project, every week we get a call or email that says “remember that article you wrote about…? […]
Spectator’s code of ethics:
- Remember that youth play organized sports for their own fun.
- Be on your best behavior.
- Applaud good plays by your own team AND visiting teams.
- Show respect for your team’s opponents.
- NEVER ridicule or scold a player for making a mistake during the competition.
- Condemn the use of violence in all forms.
- Respect the officials’ decisions.
- Encourage players to always play according to the rules.
- Respect role of the coaches and managers
- Take a 24 hour cool off period before submitting any complaints
Professional athletes are not always good role models for children, but the good sportsmanship and healthy lifestyle gained in our country’s sports programs can make children good role models for each other, parents, and for future generations.
Required reading for parents:
- Volunteer with DUFC
- Changing the Game in youth sports
- Field Marshal Program
- ASA Parents Soccer Guide
- Bullying Policy
- Equipment Policy
- Practice Gyms Policy
DUFC Team ware:
- Approved DUFC team wear is available. Click here for more information
Financial assistants resources:
Other Important Links for Parents:
- Changing the Game Project
- Respect in Sport
- ASA Insurance Coverage Summary
- Universities and Collages recruitment information
- Sports nutrition for youth